Scorpio Technology is now stocking a range of Physics related products. We will be expanding our range over time. If there is anything that you may be interested in ordering that is currently not in our product range, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll see if we can help.
In the meantime, have a look in our Product Catalogue with a more comprehensive listing, as you may find something of interest or useful for your Physics or Science class.
FORCES,ENERGY & MOTION
· The apparatus consists of a heavy metallic barrel mounted vertically on an aluminium car
· The car has plastic wheels with ball bearings to minimize friction
· Spring loaded piston arrangement
· Complete with steel balls and a lock-pin with card
· With instructions
(Model supplied may vary slightly from illustration)
LOOP THE LOOP
· Demonstrates transformation of potential energy into kinetic energy
· Large imposing unit sure to impress
· A steel ball, let loose at upper end of the loop, transverses the track at a fast speed without falling, while climbing the upper track of the loop
· Stands 50cm tall
· Outstanding DEMO in potential energy, kinetic energy, angular momentum and gravity!
DYNAMIC TROLLEY - METAL (PAIR)
· Compact design
· One end of the metal body carries an integral plunger / trigger system for explosion experiments
· Other end of metal body has a clamping screw for attaching ticker tape
· Includes built-in Velcro pads for non-elastic collisions & locating pins allowing secure stacking of two or more dynamic trolleys
· Designed to examine Newton’s Laws of motion, inertia, acceleration and action/reaction
· Demonstrate what happens when sail is added or removed when fan is switched on
· Features adjustable/removable sail
· Dimensions: 180mm x 150mm x 200mm
· 4 x AA batteries required (not included).
NEWTON’S FIXED ANGLE FAN CART
· Ideal for displaying Newton’s laws of motion, force, acceleration, and mass in action
· Easy to use, making it perfect for demonstration of these principles in any classroom
· Comes with removable sail, to display action-reaction and to control motion, as well as battery clips
· Shows the impact of different net forces on acceleration
· Requires one or two AA batteries (not included)
· With teacher’s guide
FALLING BODIES APPARATUS
Also known as a Vertical Acceleration Demonstrator. Classic Galileo experiment of horizontal and vertical motion.
Quality wooden block (180 x 60 x 30mm) and metal construction with spring Supplied with 2 steel balls. Can be clamped down on bench.
· Force & geometry combine to build an ingenious structure
· Excellent for use in the study of physics (static equilibrium), architecture and practical maths applications.
Ideal tool from demonstrating friction, acceleration, work, potential energy & vector components of force.
Smooth wooden plane 600 x 80mm, hinged to the base at one end.
Provided with a pulley for force and with scale pan and weight. Supplied with 3 friction boards, plastic cart and angled meter.
Dimensions: 645 x 125 x 400 mm (weight 2kg).
Some assembly required (requires Philips Head screwdriver - not supplied). Assembly instructions included.
· Uses hydraulics to throw projectiles in 3 different ways; Suitable for programs related to robotics, levers & simple machines, fluid dynamics, density, air resistance & engineering.
· Soft clay included
· For ages 8+
· Demonstrates Newton’s Third Law
· Some assembly required
(Item supplied may vary from illustration)
HEAT & THERMODYNAMICS - METALS
RODS FOR THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY EXPERIMENTS – SET OF 8
· Set of 8 rods for thermal conductivity experiments: Iron, Copper, Brass, Lead, Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Tin & Plastic
· Rods sizes: 100-130mm long x 3.0mm diameter
RODS FOR THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY EXPERIMENTS - SET OF 6
Which metal is the better conductor?
Set of 6 300mm long x 3mm diameter rods: Iron, Copper, Aluminium, Lead, Brass & Zinc
THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY BAR
· Ideal apparatus for the comparison of the thermal conductivity of different metals quickly and conveniently
· Features convenient liquid crystal indicators mounted in robust holders that show how a red zone of 40⁰C moves up the bars
· Comprises of four metal bars of the same shape & size
· The tip of the heated bars are immersed into cold water to show how conductivity applies to heat leaving the metal
· The tops of the bars are designed to be touched with a fingertip to reinforce the colour observations of the bars
BALL & RING - GRAVESANDE’S - CHAINLESS
Used to demonstrate thermal expansion.
When the ball is at room temperature, it will pass through the ring, but when the ball is gently heated, it will no longer pass through.
Ball size including handle length: 250 x 20mm
Ring size including handle length: 260 x 38mm.
· The IEC conductivity ring is the classic device to demonstrate the different heat conductivity of different metals
· 4 strips of iron, copper, brass and aluminium fixed to an aluminium ring
· Pea-sized amount of wax is placed into the depressions at the end of each ring and the centre of the device placed on a Bunsen burner to heat the 4 metal rings evenly
· Compare the heat conductivity of each metal by observing the melting of each particle of wax.
THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY OF METALS APPARATUS
· Conductometer type
· Demonstrates the diverse thermal conductivity of 5 distinct metals: aluminium, brass, iron, stainless steel & copper
· Place a small amount of supplied wax over each metal spoke
· Heat the central hub over a Bunsen burner flame & watch the differing rates at which the wax melts
· Wood handle mounted
· 2 concave test points in each metal rod
· Size: approx. 395 x 185 x 20mm
SPECIFIC HEAT CYLINDERS – EQUAL SIZE
· Set of 6 specific equal in size heat cylinders
· 38mm x 9.5mm
· Copper, lead, brass, zinc, iron and aluminium
· With stand
PRACTICAL BIMETALLIC THERMOSTAT MODEL
· This device automatically responds to temperature changes which activates a switch
· Consists of a vertically bimetallic strip with binding posts and adjustable contacts
· Practical uses include controlling heating systems, air-conditioners, fridges, etc.
· Get this one for reinforcing the message!
THERMOCOUPLE - 4MM TERMINALS
· Copper / constantan 305mm with 4mm terminals; Produce an electric current simply by heating.
· Connect to a galvanometer.
· More sophisticated units are used for measuring temperature. This one is a good starter to explain the concept.
· Four copper & four iron wires, approx. 130mm lengths, twisted together to form junctions, four on one side, three on the other
· Includes brass connectors
· In other words, we have a series of thermocouples in use for generating thermoelectric current
· Use with a galvanometer
· Produces more current than a single thermocouple and is also a good starter to explain temperature measurement
HEAT CONDUCTIVITY RING - WOOD BASE
· Demonstrate the heat conductivity of metals
· Metal strips - one each of: copper, brass, iron and aluminium; Fixed to a 13cm diameter wooden ring
· Depressions at the end of each strip to place wax piece; Compare the heat conductivity of each metal by observing the melting of each piece of wax
NOTE: Do not use on a Bunsen burner as it will damage the metal strips. Use an alcohol burner due to its lower heat level.
· Complete electrostatics kit with manual supplied
· Comprises of 1 x electroscope, 4 metallised polystyrene spheres, 1 x reel nylon, 1 x cellulose acetate strip, 1 x polythene strip, wire stirrup, wool cloth, wire hook, electrophorus on handle & proof plane
· 2 x polythene tiles & 2 x aluminium cans
SIMPLE ELECTROSTATICS KIT, PSSC
· A simple kit with a variety of mate suitable for basic electrostatic experiments
· Use plastic strips and rubbing cloths to produce positive and negative charges
· This kit contains the following items:
• 9 pieces Polystyrene Balls
• 2 pieces Cloth, Cotton
• 2 pieces Cloth, Woollen
• 6 pieces Wooden Clothes Pegs
• 1 piece Nylon Filament x 3.5 metres long
• 1 piece Small Paint Brush
• 1 piece Bottle graphite in Alcohol - 25ml
• 6 pieces Insulators, polythene, 130 x10 x 3mm
• 5 pieces Pins
• 5 pieces Acrylic Strip, transparent, 3mm thick, (replaces older style acetate strip but produces same polarity charge)
• 5 pieces Vinyl Strip, approx.1mm thick.
Visit www. http://iecpl.com.au/z_pdfs/em1770-001.pdf for more details.
ELECTROSTATIC PITH BALLS – CONDUCTIVE COATING
· Set of 10 pith balls with conductive coating for use in electrostatics experiments
· The balls are not fully round by are generally shaped as a ball
· The conductive pith balls carry the electrostatic charge all over their surface and the whole surface charges or discharges
· Diameter: 10mm (approx.)
Price: $6.70 (Set of 10)
ELECTROSTATIC PITH BALLS - PLAIN
· Set of 12 plain pith balls with 8mm diameter (approx.) for use in electrostatics experiments
· The balls are not fully round by are generally shaped as a ball
Price: $5.05 (Set of 12)
ELECTROSTATIC RUBBING CLOTHS
· Set of 2 cloths: cotton flannelette & wool; Size of each cloth: 200mm x 200mm (approx.)
· Used for rubbing on electrostatic rods for the creation of electrostatic charges
· The edges of each piece of cloth have been overlocked to prevent fraying
Price: $7.15 (Set of 2)
ELECTROSTATIC FRICTION RODS
Codes: PH0856A (Ebonite); PH0856 (Acrylic); PH0856B (Glass); PH0852 (Nylon); PH0851 (Polythene)
· Electrostatic rods are made up of various insulation materials
· Use the rods to rub against different fabrics such as faux fur, cotton, etc., to create static electricity
· Polythene is a type of plastic also known as Polyethylene
· Ebonite is a vulcanized rubber
· The type of rod and the type of cloth used will determine the amount of charge produced
· Rod sizes (approx.): 300mm long x 10-13mm diameter
NOTE: Length & diameter may vary with different rods and different manufacturers.
Price: $5.50 (PH0856A); $3.50 (PH0856); $3.50 (PH0856B); $8.25 (PH0852); $5.50 (PH0851)
ELECTROSTATIC POMPOM SET - PAIR
When the plate is touched with an electrostatically charged rod, the cords become charged and spread out into a wide cone by mutual repulsion.
Includes pair of pompoms 18 x 10cm long.
· Shock your students again and again with this Leyden Jar.
· It comes with a durable inner and outer plate, a plastic dielectric, and directions.
· The inner plate has a hook and ball attached which makes It easy to charge.
· Use this equipment to duplicate many classic static electricity experiments.
ELECTROMAGNETISM & ELECTRICITY
MAGNETISM PLATE - 2D
· Iron filings suspended in oil; Ideal for magnetic pattern analysis
· Dimensions: 190mm x 100mm (approx.)
MAGNETIC FIELD OBSERVATION TANK
· Used to observe magnetic force fields; Can be demonstrated with or without overhead transparency
· The tank is supplied with a magnet
MAGNETIC FIELD DEMONSTRATION KIT
· Kit contains:
2 x magnetic field panels - 200mm x 100mm that can be locked together to form one larger panel.
2 x Straight bar magnets 75 x 12 x 8mm (length x width x thickness)
1 x “U” shaped magnet 50 x 25 x 12mm (length x width x thickness)
· This kit uses clear moulded plate containing many metal pins that clearly show the path of magnetic fields when a magnet is placed upon it
· Panels can be locked together so the working area can be further expanded with more panels (EM0602-01); Can be placed on an overhead projector for student viewing
MAGNETS – 75MM – PAIR
· Pair of bar type magnets; High strength “Alnico”; Size: 75mm (l) x 12mm x 8mm
· One end painted red (points to the north and is marked “N”), the other end painted blue
· Magnets are supplied in a vial with a screw top
MAGNETIC THEORY BOARD
· Magnetic Field Demonstrator used to demonstrate the magnetic lines of forces
· 46 magnetic compasses fixed around the square plastic base
· Approx. 302 x 302mm; Easy to handle and store
GIANT MAGNETIC FIELD DEMONSTRATOR PANEL
Board of 98 chambers each containing a small iron rod. Conveniently displays configuration of a magnetic field. Can be used on overhead projector.
MAGNETIC FIELD PANELS
· Additional panels available for purchase to add to Magnetic Field Demonstration Kit (EM0602-02)
· Panel size: 200mm x 100mm
· No glycerine to leak
· Very sturdy – can be dropped without serious damage; Black pins that don’t jam or rust
· Permanent wand moulded in plastic
· Price per magnetic wand only (not as per illustration)
· Colour supplied may vary
Price: $5.00 (each)
MAGNETIC FILED PROBE
For detecting and mapping magnetic fields
Put it anywhere where there is a magnetic field including hard to get at spots. 19mm alnico magnet is mounted in a freely rotating gimbal for 3D location and mapping. Quality plastic superstructure. Rotating Magnet Head.
Quick, easy and effective detector and inexpensive
EDDY CURRENT UNIT
· Two masses drop down a 33cm copper tube. One is steel, one is a neodymium magnet. When students see the magnetic mass fall more slowly than the steel mass, you can introduce them to electrical eddy currents.
· These currents oppose downward motion through a moving magnetic field created by the falling neodymium magnet.
· Demonstrate Lenz’s Law.
MAGNETIC FIELD DEMONSTRATOR – SET OF 3 WITH SHAKER
· Set of 3 Magnetic Field Demonstrators with small carry case:
STRAIGHT CONDUCTOR (EM2067-010); ROUND COIL (EM2067-020); SOLENOID (EM2067-030)
· Shaker with iron filings (however, a small plotting compass can also be used to view the magnetic fields)
· Genuine IEC products
(See Instruction Sheet on IEC website for more details - http://iecpl.com.au/z_pdfs/em2067-001.pdf)
MAGNETIC FIELD DEMONSTRATOR - STRAIGHT
· Consists of a rectangular coil passing through a transparent base plate to provide two vertical conductors to carry current so the field shape around a straight conductor can be demonstrated
· Can be used on an overhead projector
· Use a plotting compass or sprinkle iron filings on the base plate so that the magnetic field formed around the straight conductor can be easily observed and studied
· Size (approx.): 140 x 96 x 83mm
MAGNETIC FIELD DEMONSTRATOR - ROUND COIL
· Consists of a round coil passing through a transparent base plate to carry current so the field shape around a round coil can be demonstrated; Can be used on an overhead projector
· Use a plotting compass or sprinkle iron filings on the base plate so that the magnetic field formed by a round coil can be easily observed and studied
· Size (approx.): 140 x 96 x 57mm
MAGNETIC FIELD DEMONSTRATOR - SOLENOID
· Consists of a round spiral coil passing through a transparent base plate to carry current
· Magnetic field shape around a solenoid coil can be demonstrated; Suitable for use on an overhead projector
· Use a plotting compass or sprinkle iron filings on the base plate so that the magnetic field formed around the solenoid coil can be easily observed and studied.
· Size (approx.): 140 x 96 x 54mm
ELECTROMAGNET ON BASE
· An electromagnet fitted on a plastic moulded base (140 x 80 x 40mm approx.) with a maximum operating voltage 12V DC.
· Open for easy study!
· Power up your old magnets!
· Charger for Bar and Horseshoe magnets; No electricity required
· Portable, heavy duty educational model
· Provides a variable resistance in electrical circuits.
· Maximum current: 5 Amps
· Resistance: 11 Ohms
· Tube size: 300 x 43mm
· Sliding carriage, air cooled.
RESISTANCE UNIT 4MM
Codes: PH1143A: 1 OHM - Max. 1.0V
PH1143B: 2 OHM - Max 1.4V
PH1143C: 5 OHM - Max 2.2V
PH1143D: 10 OHM - Max 3.0V
PH1143E: 20 OHM - Max 4.0V
PH1143F: 50 OHM - Max 7.0V
PH1143G: 100 OHM - Max 10.V
A range of resistance units encased in plastic enclosure with 4mm terminals. Based on a high stability metal film element. They offer improved accuracy & robustness. Less expensive than traditional resistance coils. Accuracy 1% Suitable for PHYSICS experiments.
Price: $7.00 (each)
MAGNETS - NEODYMIUM DISC 6MM
Code: MAGDISC6X1.5 (1.5mm); MAGDISC6X2 (2mm)
· Rare Earth Disc Magnet
· Axially magnetized
· Weight: 1gm
· Width (diameter): 6.0mm
· Height: 1.5mm (MAGDISC6x1.5) and 2.0mm (MAGDISC6X2)
· Pull Force: 0.400kg (MAGDISC6x1.5) & 0.540kg (MAGDISC6x2)
· Grade: N38
· Coating: Nickel (NiCuNi)
· Gauss: 2818 (MAGDISC6x1.5) and 3495 (MAGDISC6x2)
Price: $0.90 (MAGDISC6x1.5)'; $1.20 (MAGDISC6x2)
COMPASS - 35MM
· Ideal for use by students
· Smooth action pocket compass
· 35mm diameter
“HODSON” MOTOR KIT
· Set of 2, packed into a strong jar
· Students can wind up their own electric motor and make the brushes required to run it
· The motor can run as either a DC motor from a battery or as a synchronous AC motor required from an AC power source (not supplied)
· Students obtain knowledge from winding the motor and predicting the results
· Everything is provided in the kit to assemble the motors (photo depicts motor assembled for use)
· Instructions included
· Requires 1 x D battery (not supplied)
MOTOR CONSTRUCTION KIT
· High quality build / take apart unit for the demonstration of the transformation of energy and the operation of a motor
· Open structure, ideal for analysis
· Small tool included
DEMOUNTABLE MOTOR KIT
· A mini model of a simple form of DC electric motor has a 2 pole armature wound with enameled copper wire and a permanent magnet
· The construction of the model is open for observation and investigation
· The two magnets are able to be removed for experimentation
· Wiring for hooking up to a battery source, mini spanner and screw driver are supplied with the kit
· Motor kit is stored in its own plastic box
(Power source such as 3 x AA Batteries recommended. Not included)
Demonstrate the extraordinary power of the Sun. Did you know temperatures can reach more than 150 degrees C in bright sunlight?
Demonstrate this with our 31cm diameter parabolic reflector. It concentrates sunlight in a black colored copper cup.
SOLAR ENERGY KIT
Apply knowledge of solar energy in a practical experiment. This Solar Energy Kit comprises of a solar panel housed in a plastic box, a low consumption motor with fan, a buzzer and an LED for conducing a series of solar powered activities.
LIGHT, OPTICS, APPLIED LIGHT & COLOUR FUNDAMENTALS
LIGHT BOX & OPTICAL SET “HODSON” 12V (STD)
• The comprehensive kit of parts permits many experiments in basic optics and colour blending
• The banana plugs on the cables are stackable and moulded to the cable.
• The lens adjuster cannot be removed by students.
• The mirrors are efficient and are virtually unbreakable.
• Genuine IEC product.
For use with a 12V AC/DC power source at 2 to 3 amps (not supplied).
· Light guide demonstrator displays total internal reflection
· Acrylic bar 220 x 20 x 20mm
· Light can go around corners!
LENSES 50MM - SET OF 6
· 50mm diameter glass optic lenses
· Ground and polished surfaces
· Double convex, plano-convex, converging concave-convex, diverging concave-convex, double concave & plano-concave
· In storage case (Item supplied may vary from illustration)'
· Adjustable lens holder
· Able to hold a 4mm thick lens that are up to a diameter of 75mm
· Height can be adjusted by up to 60mm
· Overall dimensions (approx.): 110 x 70 x 160mm
NEWTON’S COLOUR DISC - HAND DRIVEN
200mm diameter disc contains 4 distinct quadrants, each with violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange & red wedges. When stationery, the wheel consists of the separate colours described. When the wheel is set in motion, does that still hold true?
Plastic handle attaches to the centre of the wheel, which can be set to spin with an included cord.
Overall dimensions: 200 x 160mm.
PRISM - EQUILATERAL
· 50mm glass prism; 60 x 60 x 60 degree angles
PRISM RIGHT ANGLE
· 50mm glass prism
· For student use
· Low voltage miniature unit, 12V AC/DC
· The LEDs provide a bright white flash
· The flash accuracy and stability is absolute
· Frequency can be adjusted from 1Hz to 500Hz
· Packed with features
NEWTON’S COLOUR DISC - HAND DRIVEN
· Demonstrates that white light may be composed of all the spectral colours by the rotation of the multi-coloured disc
· Mounted on metal stand; Hand operated, driven by belt
· 175mm multi-coloured disc
(Item supplied may vary slightly from unit illustrated)
EDUCATIONAL DIFFRACTION SLIDE
· For demonstrating the principle of the diffraction grating and the way in which its properties are dependent upon the number of lines per unit length
· Comprises of a card mount 90 x 40mm approximately with three 16 x 9mm apertures, each containing a diffraction grating replica
· The grating are of 100 lines/mm, 300 lines/mm and 600 lines/mm respectively and protected cover glasses.
· Single sided 3mm thick rigid plastic mirrors that are taped together to enable creative angled reflections; Three sets of 2 mirrors each 150mm x 100mm
· Stable, fantastic for light studies
PROPERTIES OF LIQUIDS
· Aluminium vessel used for volumetric displacement of liquid experiments
· 100 x 80mm; With handle
· Should be used in conjunction with a displacement vessel (overflow can) for collecting liquid from the spout of the overflow can.
· Metal displacement vessel with spout for specific gravity experiments
· Size: 115mm x 50mm (approx.)- Spout 40mm long (approx.)
· Holds approx. 200ml of water
LIQUID LEVEL APPARATUS
· Stunning demonstration
· Demonstrates Pascal’s theorem of communicating vessels
· Set of 4 tubes on plastic stand
· Shows that the level of communicating vessels is constant irrespective of the size or shape of the vessels.
CAPILLARY TUBES APPARATUS
· Demonstrates relationship between capillary pressure & the bore diameter of the capillary tubes
· Comprises of a metal frame arrangement whose base is like a trough;· The upper part of frame supports six capillary tubes of different bore; Fill trough with water and the difference in heights of the resulting columns of water in the tubes is apparent
· Overall frame height 90mm; Capillary tube length 150mm
DYNAMICS - SPRINGS, PENDULUMS & PULLEYS
HOOKE’S LAW-SPRINGS -
NON-PROPORTIONAL- SET OF 5
· This set of 5 springs, with their chosen diameters and lengths, together with the choice of their wire thicknesses, make them very suitable for experiments relating to “Hooke’s Law
· This set contains the following springs:
• 1x Tension Spring, 6.2 x 320 mm diameter x length x 1.02 mm. diameter wire
• 1x Tension Spring, 6.2 x 210 mm diameter x length x 1.02 mm. diameter wire
• 1x Tension Spring, 7.8 x 70 mm diameter x length x 0.90 mm. diameter wire
• 1x Tension Spring, 9.2 x 300 mm diameter x length x 0.71 mm. diameter wire
• 1x Tension Spring, 14.5 x 300 mm diameter x length x 0.88 mm. diameter wire.
HELICAL SPRING & MASS SET
· Used to illustrate Hooke’s Law
· Consists of 20cm steel spring with hooks on both ends
· Masses: 1 x 2kg, 1 x 0.5kg, 1 x 237g with hooks on both ends.
HOOKE’S LAW-SPRINGS – PROPORTIONAL - SET OF 6
· This set of 6 springs with their chosen diameters and lengths, together with the choice of wire thicknesses, make them very suitable for experiments relating to “Hooke’s Law”
· The ‘proportional set’ have diameters and lengths in convenient ratios to one another
· All 6 springs are tension springs with 'eye' each end
· This set contains the following springs:
• 1x Tension Spring, 10 x 150 mm diameter x length x 0.56 mm. diameter wire
• 1x Tension Spring, 10 x 300 mm diameter x length x 0.56 mm. diameter wire
• 1x Tension Spring, 10 x 150 mm diameter x length x 0.71 mm. diameter wire
• 1x Tension Spring, 10 x 300 mm diameter x length x 0.71 mm. diameter wire
• 1x Tension Spring, 15 x 150 mm diameter x length x 0.71 mm. diameter wire
• 1x Tension Spring, 15 x 300 mm diameter x length x 0.71 mm. diameter wire.
PULLEY - IN-LINE - PLASTIC
Codes: PUPA80 (Single); PUPA81 (Double); PUPA80A (Triple)
Economical pulleys perfect for students use. They come with steel frames, brass axles, wide hubs and rigid plastic free-running sheaves. Sheaves on single axle pulleys are 50 mm in diameter. All pulleys feature steel hooks at each end.
Sold separately. (Photo is of the Double-In-Line Pulley (PUPA81)
Price: $3.85 (Single); $4.95 (Double); $6.05 (Triple)
PULLEY WITH UNIVERSAL CLAMP – LARGE
Large 70mm light alloy pulley with universal bench clamp.
Can be clamped onto edge of bench upto 3.75cm thick, or screwed to flat surface or on 13mm diameter support rod.
(Item supplied may differ slightly from illustration)
PULLEY – PLASTIC, BALL BEARING TANDEM
Codes: PUPH281A (Single); PUPH281B (Double); PUPH281C (Triple)
Open sided frame, with hooks at each end carrying three ball bearing pulleys with 25mm, 38mm & 50mm diameter. The open side frame greatly facilitates stringing up as no 'threading' is involved.
Prices: $5.00 (Single); $8.00 (Double); $11.00 (Triple)
HOOKE’S LAW - SINGLE
Measure and prove that the stretch of a spring is proportional to its load. You can also determine harmonic motion by counting the oscillations.
Illustrated instructions included.
· Makes it easy to simultaneously demonstrate or test the properties of simple harmonic motion in physics labs or classrooms
· Three screw clamps can securely and individually be used to attach weights with string
· For use on support rods up to 16mm in diameter to hang weights or pendulums
· Overall length (approx.): 28.5 x 3.75 x 3.1cm
PENDULUM BOBS - BRASS - 3 DIFFERENT DIAMETERS
· Set of 3 brass pendulum bobs; Genuine IEC products
· Each bob has a 1.5mm diameter hole drilled right through the diameter with one side made larger so that a knot in a cord can be pulled into the larger hole to hold firmly and also be out of sight. Pack contains the following:
1 x Brass bob: 25mm diameter; 1 x Brass bob: 20mm diameter; 1 x Brass bob: 12mm diameter
CENTRE OF GRAVITY APPARATUS
· Used to demonstrate the geometrical center of gravity of two-dimensional object
· The center of gravity of a freely suspended two dimensional object always lies along the line drawn vertically downward from its point of suspension
· Comprises of a clear perspex rod mounted on a base with a suspension screw at the top and four laminas of clear acrylic - one each of circular, triangular, square and trapezoidal
· Each lamina has suspension holes along their periphery
· The point of intersection of lines drawn from point of suspension of 2 or more holes of a lamina gives center of gravity of that 2-dimensional lamina
· Suitable for laboratory use only
· Suitable for ages 13+.
WEATHER & METEOROLOGY
ANEMOMETER - CUP
· Wind speed anemometer working model
· Mounted on a low friction bearing and consisting of 3 black plastic & 1 red plastic cup
· 210mm x 180mm (h)
· Anemometer is sensitive at wind speed of 1.5km/h; Student can determine the wind speed quantitatively by counting the number of rotations
ANEMOMETER LCD WIND SPEED GAUGE
Wind speed gauge with LCD.
Measures maximum and average air velocity; temperature and wind chill factor.
Displays Beaufort scale.
Air Velocity Range: 0-30 m/s; 0-55 Knots; 0-90km/h; 0-65mph.
Operating temperature: -10°C to +45°C
Operating humidity: Less than 90%RH
Current consumption: 3mA (approx.).
Manual / Auto power shut off.
Battery: CR2032 3.0V (included)
(Model or colour supplied may vary from illustration).
PROPERTIES OF GASES, AIR PRESSURE & AIR RESISTANCE
BOYLE’S LAW - SIMPLE FORM
· Apparatus to demonstrate Boyle’ law
· Graduated plastic syringe mounted on wooden block & lubricated piston of the syringe mounted on another platform
· Different weights can be placed (stacked) on the top to measure the pressure volume
· Extra large; Magdeburg Hemispheres have been used for centuries and is used to illustrate the force of atmospheric pressure.
· Tough Plastic; Secure o-ring seals; 11cm diameter; 2 way valve for easy release and operation
GUINEA & FEATHER APPARATUS
· Acrylic tube - 100cm (long) x 44mm (outer dia.) with two rubber bungs, one carrying stopcock and 60cm long tubing to connect to vacuum pump
· Used to show how air resistance affects a falling object
BOYLE’S MARIOTTE LAW
· Pressure/Volume relationship of air at constant temperature
· A graduated (0-300) cm3 cylinder with closely fitting piston is connected to a pressure gauge by a narrow tube to minimize the dead volume
· Cylinder is made of transparent material to see the working process inside
· Pressure inside the cylinder can be adjusted by rotating the knob connected to the piston via threaded shaft
· A gas tap allows the cylinder to communicate with the outside air to adjust the mass of air enclosed
· The pressure can directly read out from a big size pressure gauge circular dial, graduated in (0-3.4) x 105Pa.
ELECTRIC CIRCUITS COMPONENTS
SWITCH – ROCKER
100mm x 60mm x 60mm; with 2.5mm plastic housing on terminals suitable for both banana plugs and alligator clips. Suitable for low voltage electric circuit experiments in Physics classes.
Pack contains 5 red and 5 black alligator clips with insulated sheath.
Price: $5.05 (1-4 packs); $4.73 (5-19 packs); $4.36 (20+ packs)
SWITCH – KNIFE TYPE
Knife type switch. Single pole, single throw (SPST).
100mm x 35mm x 30mm; with 2 terminals suitable for both banana plugs and alligator clips. Suitable for low voltage electric circuit experiments in Physics & Primary School science classes to control the flow of electricity in a circuit.
(Item supplied may vary slightly from photo).
ALLIGATOR CLIP WITH WIRE
Alligator clips with 250mm wire – 6 colours
Price: $10.95 (1-4 packs); $10.51 (5-19 packs); $10.08 (20+ packs)
BANANA PLUGS - 4MM
Code: BAPLBK4A (Black); BAPLG4 (Green); BAPLR4A (Red); BAPLY4 (Yellow)
Side stacking – 4mm stem; Banana Lead Connectors – Stackable.
Available in black / green / red / yellow (specify colour & code when ordering). Pack of 10
CLIP-ON BATTERY CONNECTOR
Battery clip with wires fits 9V battery. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $3.19 (1-4 packs); $2.99 (5-9 packs); $2.80 (10-19 packs); $2.68 (20+ packs)
BATTERY HOLDER – 1AA
Battery holder with wires fits 1 x AA Battery. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $5.10 (1-4 packs); $4.99 (5-9 packs); $4.84 (10-19 packs); $4.54 (20+ packs)
BATTERY HOLDER - 3AA
Battery holder with wires fits 3 x AA batteries. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $5.90 (1-4 packs); $5.72 (5-9 packs); $5.33 (10-19 packs); $5.14 (20+ packs)
BATTERY HOLDER - 4 X AA - FLAT
Battery holder with cover, wires & On-Off switch fits 4 x AA batteries. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $14.12 (1-4 packs); $12.95 (5-9 packs); $11.87 (10-19 packs); $10.88 (20+ packs)
BATTERY HOLDER - 6AA
Battery holder with wires fits 6 x AA batteries. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $7.42 (1-4 packs); $6.87 (5-9 packs); $6.43 (10-19 packs); $6.26 (20+ packs)
BATTERY HOLDER - 1 X D
Battery holder with wires fits 1 x D cell battery. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $7.50 (1-4 packs); $7.20 (5-9 packs); $6.91 (10-19 packs); $6.63 (20+ packs)
BATTERY HOLDER - LITHIUM ION
Fits 1 x Lithium Ion Battery. No wires. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $10.10 (1-4 packs); $9.42 (5-9 packs); $8.93 (10-19 packs); $8.80 (20+ packs)
HOOK UP WIRE - 10 METRES
Size: 21 / 0.08 (approx.)
Available in multiples of 10 metre lengths in the following colours: Black (WIREHUBK10); Red - (WIREHUR10); Blue - (WIREHUBL10); Green -(WIREHUG10); Yellow - (WIREHUY10); Orange - (WIREHUO10); Brown - (WIREHUBR10); & White - (WIREHUW10).
Please specify colour & length when ordering. If no colour is specified, black will be supplied.
Price: $2.88 (per 10 metres)
BANANA PLUG WITH WIRES (SET OF 2)
Red & black side stacking 4mm stem banana plugs to stacking 4mm stem banana plugs with leads.
Price: $5.40 (per pair)
BATTERY HOLDER – 9V - FLAT
Battery holder with cover and wires fits one 9V battery. With On-Off switch. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $13.27 (1-4 packs); $12.49 (5-9 packs); $11.73 (10-19 packs); $10.98 (20+ packs)
BATTERY HOLDER - 2AA
Battery holder with wires fits 2 x AA batteries. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $5.22 (1-4 packs); $5.11 (5-9 packs); $4.84 (10-19 packs); $4.73 (20+ packs)
BATTERY HOLDER - 2AA - FLAT
Battery holder with cover, wires & On-Off switch fits 2 x AA batteries. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $12.61 (1-4 packs); $11.56 (5-9 packs); $10.59 (10-19 packs); $9.70 (20+ packs)
BATTERY HOLDER - 4AA
Battery holder with wires fits 4 x AA batteries. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $6.56 (1-4 packs); $6.39 (5-9 packs); $5.85 (10-19 packs); $5.60 (20+ packs)
BATTERY HOLDER - 2C
Battery holder with wires fits 2 x C batteries. Pack of 5.
Price per pack of 5: $8.79 (1-4 packs); $8.29 (5-9 packs); $7.88 (10-19 packs); $7.71 (20+ packs)
BATTERY HOLDER - D - STACKABLE
Fits 1 X D Battery; Stackable; In Series & Parallel Circuits; No Wires
Price: $3.50 (each)
EQUIPMENT & TOOLS
· A compact Clinometer with no external moving parts and a combined 'sighting' angle-reading eyepiece
· A viewing window on the side of the Clinometer allows a second person to check a reading
· All angles in degrees followed by a plus or minus to indicate an upward or downward slope
· Size: 14cm dia.; Complete with product guide
Code: MRPH0062 (Wooden)
One metre, graduated on both edges in centimetres & millimetres. One edge reads 0 – 100 left to right, the other in reverse.
Code: MREX100 (Plastic)
One metre, graduated on one side in 0.5cm & numbered in centimetres. Reverse side graduated in millimetres & from 0 -100 in centimetres.
TEMPERATURE PROBE DS18B20
Water Proof DS18B20 temperature sensor.
Arduino compatible. Stainless steel tube: 35mm (length) x 6mm (diameter). Cable: 90cm (length) x 4mm (diameter).
Provides 9 to 12-bit (configurable) temperature readings which indicate the temperature of the device.
Unique 1-Wire interface requires only one port pin for communication.
Each DS18B20 contains a unique silicon serial number enabling multiple DS18B20s to exist on the same 1-Wire bus and therefore placing sensors in many different places.
Can be powered from data line. Power supply range is 3.0V to 5.5V. Measures temperatures -55°C to +125°C (±0.5°C accuracy from -10°C to +85°C).
Converts 12-bit temperature to digital word in 750 ms (max.).
HANDHELD DIGITAL TACHOMETER
Non-contact digital laser photo tachometer.
Large 18mm, 5 digit LCD display.
Testing Range: 2.5 ~ 99,999 RPM (rate / min).
Has a wide range of applications including measuring rotating speed of machine, motors, model cars, wheels, lathe for metal or wood cutting work etc.
Resolution: 0.1 RPM (2.5 ~ 999.9 RPM) / 1 RPM (over 1,000 RPM)
Requires 9V battery (not included)